<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.paohorticultural.com/Blog

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
News & Availability @ PAO: My Tree is Gone....

Thursday 26 July 2012

My Tree is Gone....

My apologies for not blogging lately, but I was on holidays.  And as usual when you go on holidays there is much to do before you leave and lots to catch up on when you get back.  While we enjoyed the nice beautiful hot weather by the lake, when I got back you can imagine my horror to seeing how the plants are coping with the heat.  Alot of the Japanese Maples leaves' are burning as well as many of the other trees, some are defoliating altogether.  But one Japanese Maple is sitting out in the bright sun and doing well - and it is my favourite.  I take billions of pictures around here and I always take some of that guy.  It's funny cause when it was little he didn't look so good - so we put him in the back field where he couldn't be seen.  Now look at him!  Cinderella story or what!  When customers come in I always point out my beauty tree but don't really make an effort to sell it.  They always ooh and ahh on how beautiful it is! And expensive!  So I am confident my tree will be here for a while.  It was a beautiful bright red in the Spring and looked great against the evergreens and the Princeton Maple.  And it is still a nice red now - can hardly wait til fall.  So you can imagine my horror when a couple was interested in the tree.  Oh - how they tried to show them something else but the couple kept coming back to that tree.  And then -egad - they bought it!!!  Agggh!  And then to add more pain - they wanted it the next day!  Not alot of time for parting photo ops!  But I did.  I waited til the end of the day for the sun not to be so bright and then I could catch the red of the leaves.  They dug it after I left and it was already tarped when I got it in the next morning.  What!!!! So I told the crew leader who was planting it that day to phone me when he was close to the customer's house so I could come down and take some photos.  The clients who purchased the tree were fine to let me take some photos (they were very nice!).  So I happliy clicked away.  I must say it looks beautiful in front of their home, but the island bed where it stood looks naked.  It's weird how you get attached to some things. And I must say - I miss my tree.  Really - I mean it is a tree for pete's sake!  I have billion things to blog about but today it is about my tree.  The client's said they would send some pictures of my baby when the landscaping is done - hope they do!


My Tree in the Spring

Another Spring Picture

In the Summer...

The night before it left...

Another parting picture....

Ready to get plantedd

Here we go....





In it;s new home
Bye bye happy tree!

I really does look nice there...